Petrogotin Energy and Resources Limited HSE policy provides the framework for the management of health, safety and the environment within which all our activities are executed. We target zero incident operations. Petrogotin recognizes that the prosperity of any Organization is intricately linked to its Health and Safety performance and dependent upon responsible Environmental stewardship. We are committed to providing and maintaining a safe, accident-free and healthy work environment.
Our comprehensive approach to safety management is risk based through the conduct of risk assessments to guide all management’s decision making. We take necessary measures to institutionalize controls for all risks, minimize and mitigate the impact of our activities and also ensure all operations are carried out within the strictest safety standards. The requirements to sustain the environment and tackle environmental challenges remain urgent and cannot be compromised. We constantly seek solutions to address environmental issues that affect our operations, and make efforts to see that projects are conducted in an environmentally compliant manner and that existing operations continue to reduce their environmental impact.
Through our commitment to safety, health and environmental excellence, we affirm to all our stakeholders, including our employees, customers, shareholders, and the public, that we will work collaboratively to bring sustainable, market-driven and innovative solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, making lives better, safer, and healthier for people everywhere. We will implement those strategies that build successful businesses and achieve the greatest benefit for all our stakeholders with respect and care for the environment without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. We will continuously improve our practices in light of advances in technology and new understandings in safety, health and environmental science.
Petrogotin’s HSE policy requires all of us to:
- Protect the health and safety of our fellow employees, contractors, visitors and others affected by our operations;
- Operate our business in an environmentally and socially responsible manner;
- Commit to continuous improvement of Environment, Health and Safety performance;
- Comply with legal requirements and global Environment, Health and Safety Standards;
- Make Environment, Health, Safety and Loss Prevention integral to all Petrogotin’s business processes, planning and decision making;
- Establish business practices and Environment, Health, Safety and Loss Prevention strategies that optimally utilize resources and prevent pollution to ensure the long-term sustainability of Petrogotin and the global environment;
- Adopt a comprehensive approach to product and service stewardship, which includes key suppliers and clients expectations;
- Interact and cooperate actively with key stakeholders in resolving issues and improving performance;
- Petrogotin will use effective systems, metrics and goals in the management of all of our Environment, Health and Safety activities.